Sunday, January 15, 2006

Late Entry

. . . Wow. . . I am long past due for an update. If this were to happen at work, we would have to write late entry before writing the case note. Hence the title of the blog.
. . . Anyway, life has been pretty boring. Well, sort of. The house is put together. I have yet to take pictures though. But I promise they're coming soon! Please keep on reminding me or I'll forget to post them. Now that all our things are in here, I love it. The house is the perfect size for two people. Everything has a home and it looks great.
. . . I just got a paycheck for about 80 hours at work. It was nice. Especially since there's some overtime in it. I've never had a paycheck like that before. Sure did have to work for it though.
. . . School starts on Wednesday. I'm not entirely excited about it, but at least I can say that we're the last school to start back up again, so I had the longest break. Yea private school!! I try to look at it from the point of view that the sooner I go back to school, the closer I am to graduation. I always used to think graduation was so far away, but I think I can actually start to taste it. I can't wait. Speaking of graduation, I checked on the Valencia website a few nights ago, and my degree has officially been awarded. No idea when they're actually going to mail it out, but at least I know that I can send my final transcripts over and I never have to worry about taking a class at Valencia again. Thank goodness!! And no. I will not be walking in the Valencia graduation. I just think it's lame. Sorry if I offended anyone with that comment, but if you knew the school, you wouldn't walk either.
. . . My phone officially crapped out on me. The really sad thing is that I loved this phone. It did really cool things, and I had really cool stuff on it. Fun pictures, and even a little 15 second video from the Bare Naked Ladies concert. Not to mention all the phone numbers. It's going to suck trying to get all those back again. But alas, the phone is no longer. I was in the potty at work, and the phone fell out of my pocket and hit the floor. Now, you know I'm not that tall, so the distance from my jacket pocket to the floor isn't that far. But I guess it had just had enough after the fall into the water cup the day I was sick. Too bad it wasn't a phone I hated cause at least then I wouldn't be sad about it. I'd just get a new one and move on with life. Anyway, until tomorrow morning, I re-activated my old phone. This is the same thing I did last time. But this time I'm going to the Verizon store for a replacement. Yea horray for phone insurance. Funny thing is when I got this phone, I almost cancelled the insurance thing cause I thought I'd never use it. But then when I was in line, I heard a bunch of people talking about how their phones had been in accidents and they had to pay retail price for a new phone cause they didn't have it. Well, it's a good thing I heard the horror stories!!! Anyway, moral of the story, phone I love is broken, phone I was using is activated, going to Verizon tomorrow.
. . . Oh! This is kind of a fun story. Mom, you'll appreciate this. I was at work one night and I get a text message from Amanda telling me that if I have time, I should ask a certain youth what his favorite book is. So I'm thinking to myself, what an odd question. Maybe she's going to bring this youth a book. So I pull this kid aside and ask him very quietly what his favorite book is. And to my shock and amazement, he says Watchers by Dean Koontz. Whoa!! I didn't know anyone else knew about that book! It is my all time favorite Koontz book. It's the book I compare all other Koontz books to. Oh but the story gets better. I find out that this youth has an autographed copy!!!! I am so jealous. So if any of you who read this blog actually like reading real books, go out and find Watchers. Good luck though cause it's hard to find in bookstores. But trust me. Well worth your time.
. . . Other than that, life has been pretty calm. I've been trying to take it easy since I know things are going to get crazy again real soon. This was my last 40 hour week. I drop back down to 3 nights. Hopefully I'll be able to handle that. We'll see how it goes.
. . . That's pretty much it for now. I think the stories above are not in chronological order but too bad. I'm tired and worked a double today. I'm surprised I'm functioning enough to even write this. TIll next time!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home