Friday, January 20, 2006

Theories on Drugs, Ads, and Shakespeare

. . . Well, it's that time again. There hasn't been an amazing amount of things going on since the last post but school started again so I guess that's pretty interesting. So far, so good. Three of my four classes seem really interesting. Drugs and Addictions (minus the annoying guy who just won't shut up) is awesome. We watched part of a video on a heroin addict. I never realized how much there is to know about drugs. Shakespeare is Shakespeare. I haven't had to read one of his plays since I was in high school. I think it will be interesting. The only problem I have with that class is that the book weighs like 40 pounds or something. Culture and Society will keep me busy. I took a Dr. Glennon class last semester and there was always something that had to get done. I like her though cause she isn't just interested in the poverty or social class aspect of sociology. She does stuff like work with animals and read trash magazines to see how pop culture affects our everyday lives. Last but not least . . . okay, maybe least, Sociological Theories. It is required for my degree. And that's all I have to say about that class. At least I know the professor and I know how he runs the class. There's going to be no surprises but it's not going to be easy either.
. . . I got some fun mail the other day. My diploma from Valencia arrived. It's kinda cool. It's been a long time since I've gotten a diploma and yet I'm not that excited about it. I know it's an accomplishment to have recieved it and now I can officially say that I have some kind of a degree, but since I'm trying to get my BA from Rolins, I don't feel all that much about it. There's an option to walk in commencement in May, but I don't think I want to. I'd rather save that honor for my 4 year. I mean, it's only gonna take me 7 years to get it. That should stand for something.
. . . Amanda has been in California since Tuesday. It's been really quiet around here. Sophie and Monty just aren't that great in the conversation department. It's funny that when I lived by myself I loved it and now that I don't, I miss having someone to talk to. She get's home tomorrow.
. . . That's pretty much it. I already have homework to do. Sending out my thank you cards this weekend. I appologize for my tardiness in that matter. It's been kind of a crazy month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home