Saturday, April 08, 2006

Fox Day Where Are You???

. . . There is a long standing tradition at Rollins called Fox Day. Each year during the spring semester, there is one special day where the president of the college puts a fox statue on Mills Lawn under the flag pole. The emergence of the fox means that all classes are cancelled for the day and students go to the beach. In the afternoon, faculty, staff, students, and family can gather on Mills Lawn for a BBQ. Every student at Rollins waits with baited breath for this day. Here's the catch though. No one knows when the fox will appear. It's on a different day each spring semester and the only one who knows what day that will be is President Duncan. There are a few clues as to when the fox will appear, such as since it's a traditional beach day, it's usually on a day predicted to be sunny, and that it's always after spring break. Also, most of the time, it's on a day that there are no seminars or presentations. Now, the Fox Day tradition has created a little game I like to call, "Today is Not Fox Day". This involves guessing, speculating, hoping, whatever you want to call it, about when Fox Day will be. So far, I've heard that it was going to be on Monday, April 3. Just for the record, that day was NOT Fox Day. Then the next speculation was that it was going to be Thursday, April 6. Again, this day was NOT Fox Day. So the game continues until Fox Day actually happens. I've given up on speculating. I've ceased to care on what day of the week Fox Day falls on. As long as it comes soon, I will be grateful.
. . . I need hours at work. I wasn't scheduled at all for this coming week. I picked up one day, but there were no other holes. How sad.
. . . So I've been on this candy kick lately. I don't really eat all of it, but I see it, and I think it looks good, so I have to get it. Anyway, I had a suggestion that I should try Reeces Pieces eggs. Apparently there like the normal ones, but in an egg shape and pastel so they're pretty. Little did I know, there are also Hershey chocolate eggs. They look exactly the same, but have regular chocolate in them instead of the peanut butter. Well, since everyone enjoys a surprise now and again, we combined both of them in one bowl so you never quite know what you're going to get. We did the same thing with the mint and regular mnm's during Christmas. It's a fun game. Note to self though, always ask what's in the bowl before digging in to our candy bowl, cause if you're allergic to something, it would be a good idea to find out if we've combined things.
. . . That's pretty much all that's been going on in my life. I know. I'm boring. The most exciting news is that I found fun candy. I swear I'm not 300 pounds. Till next time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home